You are not logged in.

The 1st Filipino PC Modding Site

#25 2010-04-25 12:03:33

Rowdy69
Master Modder

Re: Phosphor 2010 Mexico

Great job Papang!

I think you can now be classified as a Pro-Modder...

BTW, this is Cham_E_Lyon...

2010-04-25 12:03:33

dremel
pcModz Bot

#26 2010-05-02 13:04:20

Papang

Rowdy69 wrote:

Great job Papang!

I think you can now be classified as a Pro-Modder...

BTW, this is Cham_E_Lyon...

Mi Hermano Cham_E, great to see you again! Naw, no pro-modding here, not with the $99 usd spending limit, hehe.  I'll now shortly how I came out because I don't know the results yet.  As soon as I know I will post.

Hope everything is fine with you in spite of all the damn cyclones you have had. I was following them as they hit the news over here and heard a little from Gabriel when he was in the NMC Case Showdown last year.  I know about them because I lived through 2 of them and I still haven't gotten back on my feet from the last one (Wilma in 2005) but who is complaining, I just mod and things seem to find their level again.

Just to let you know, I am in the Overclock.net case modding contest which ends this July 1,2010 and am having a bit of trouble with a certain mold to cast my fiberglass parts, sigh...oh well, I hope to finish on time if the Modding Gods smile on me and will be uploading it once the contest ends (closed threads can you believe?) and the secrecy veil is lifted. It will be a scratch mod like the Ovni/Ufo which is a bit more advanced, but that is about what I can tell you without someone saying that I am giving away info on my project, hehe.

I did this mod to take up some of the time (about 1 1/2 months) and to think through the OCN project which started way back in Dec./09 (talk about long lead times!). You might think about joining next year because it is open to the whole world, the reason I jumped in. There are not too many worldwide contest you know and as a matter of fact, there are a few Pinoy brothers as members there too, but know that most of the members are logically inclined to hardware and overclocks (obviously, hehe) and a small group of them are into mods. The only thing is that there are almost 130,000 members world-wide so it is a BIG showcase for the winners, even if only a part of the members see the results.  I convinced a couple of the members of my forum to join and they have pretty strong projects as I see it.

Maybe your fellow Mod Bro (sorry Bill Owen) Sunny might consider it too and any other strong modder from here. It might worth a shot, haha.

Really miss the chats we had and keep in touch.

Cheers and Saludos

Last edited by Papang (2010-05-02 13:05:40)

Kick butt both ways: at the office and at home with Papang BizRigs!

papangcunlogoFlagGoodMed.jpg

#27 2010-05-16 13:04:30

Papang

The results of the contest finally were made public after a small delay and the point table was this:

FireShotcapture010-NewModCity-Where.png

The really funny thing was that modders from Latin America took the top spots!  Hard to believe but it was 1-2-3:

1st) Your Truly with Phosphor

2nd) Death_note with MMX to NMC

3rd) Argos with NMC (No mas de Cien-Not more than one-hundred)

As you know I am from Mexico as well as Death_note, a fellow forum mate from ModdingMx. Argos is from Argentina and founder of ArgosMods.  I hope to see several of you for the New Mod City Showdown 2010 a little down the road.  Happy Modding and Good Luck!

Cheers and Saludos

Kick butt both ways: at the office and at home with Papang BizRigs!

papangcunlogoFlagGoodMed.jpg